I know many of you have a boyfriend or a friend that does your fashion/outfit photos. Is that good enough? Check out these Headshot Photography Tips.
I would say if you want to make the big money you need a professional to do the job but the problem is it cost money and I have seen many I phone photos that rock!
I have worked as a photographer for 12 years and have photographed hundreds of models. Models and blogger are not that different in fact they both just want to look good while posing in an outfit, drinking coffee, or cooking. Whatever it is they do.
Rather you are going to hire someone or have a friend take your photos, here are some things to think about.
Have a headshot they will remember. A great headshot says Everything! Here are some tips to get you started:
- Don’t have a lot of clutter in the background unless it’s blurred out.
- Stand out, do something different like a really close up shot, take it off center, show your personality.
- You don’t always have to smile or you don’t always need to look into the camera. If you do look into the camera make sure the eyes are in focus.
- Practice in the mirror, what side and expression do you what others to see.
- Lighting is critical. You need to light the eyes and watch for contrasty shadows, use something to defuse the light. To see the difference check out this photoshoot http://bit.ly/2fPvciP.
- Play around with your lenses. I shoot with many different lenses but for a close up my favorite is a prime lens, 85mm f1.8. Read more about that here http://bit.ly/2g5qDzV
Here are some headshot photos from my portfolio:
Good luck with your headshots! I hope these Headshot Photography Tips have helped you. Sign up for my blog and follow me on facebook for more photography tips.